- 1-2 cups adzuki beans
- 2 strips kombu
- 1 small butternut squash, cubed
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoons shoyu
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour 30 mins
- Place adzuki beans in heavy pot with kombu; cover with water and simmer.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour, adding water as needed.
- When beans are soft, but not mushy, place cut up squash on top of the beans; water should come up to bottom of squash.
- Cover and simmer until squash is soft, about 1/2 hour.
- Season with sea salt or shoyu; stir to blend ingredients. Squash should remain bright orange and beans will be soft and creamy, but not soupy.