Makes: 32 shrimp
- 32medium or large tiger shrimp
- 1 (4 ounce) canpickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 (1 pound) packagethick-sliced bacon, cut in half
- toothpicks as needed
- vegetable oil, for frying
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 20 mins
- Peel shrimp but leave tails on. Butterfly shrimp deeply by cutting through back almost all the way but not in half.
- Cut the jalapeno peppers into small slivers and stuff one into each shrimp. Wrap two or three times with bacon halves, and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer or wok to 350 degrees F.
- Deep fry the shrimp in batches until the bacon is golden brown and crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.