- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 eggs (or equivalent Eggbeaters(R) work great!)
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup molasses (unsulphured)
- 5 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 ripe medium bananas
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Wipe muffin pans with oil or use non-stick pans or muffin cups.
- Place raisins in a small bowl of warm water to soak.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, oil, molasses, applesauce, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Mash bananas by hand while still inside peel, add to mixture using fork to further breakup fruit and blend.
- In a small bowl, combine oat bran, flaxseed meal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients, blending only until all ingredients are combined.
- Drain raisins, add to mix.
- Spoon into muffin pan, filling cups to the top. Ok if batter is slightly higher than top rim of cup.
- Bake on middle rack for exactly 20 minutes. Do not overbake!
Tip: You can also add Protein to this recipe to help increase your muscle strength and size.