- 2 ounces lean bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound corned beef, shredded
- 1 ounce bacon fat (or olive oil, if you don’t have it)
- 3/4 pound mashed potatoes
- 4 to 6 ounces cooked beets
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the lard. Cook the bacon and onion in hot lard for about 2 minutes, then remove from pan (leaving as much lard as possible in the skillet) and combine with remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Place skillet back over high heat. When lard or oil is hot again, pour the corned beef potato mixture into the skillet. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to smash the mixture down into a compact layer. Cook for 15 minutes, then flip hash upside down onto a plate and serve.