- 4 Russet potatoes
- 2 cups canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup grated queso fresco (or, if you don’t have it, pepper jack)
- 1 cup salsa
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pierce the potatoes a few times with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, or until you can easily slide a knife through the potatoes.
- While potatoes are baking, toss beans with cumin in a saucepan and warm up over medium heat. Smash some of the beans with a fork.
- Split potatoes open and top each with 1/2 cup black beans and 1/4 cup queso fresco. Return to oven for 2 minutes to melt cheese, then dollop each with 1/4 cup salsa (or to taste) and serve.
Cook potato faster in microwave
In a hurry? Cook the potatoes in the microwave. Pierce with a fork as above, then put in microwave on a paper towel. Microwave on high for 15 minutes (only 8-10 if you are doing just 1 potato), or until you can easily slide a knife through the potato.