- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning or cayenne pepper
- 6 pounds lean beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke(R), or as needed
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle BBQ Sauce
- 1 ounce fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 20 hamburger or hoagie buns
Prep: 1 hour 20 mins | Cook: 10 hours 30 mins | Extra time: 10 mins
- Mix garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Rub brisket with Liquid Smoke(R) on both sides. If you have time, chill for 1 hour.
- Rub spice mixture on both sides.
- In a slow cooker set on Low, pour Worcestershire sauce and BBQ sauce on the bottom and blend together. Place the brisket on top. Let cook until fork tender and falling apart, about 10 hours.
- Stir in roughly chopped fresh mint; and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Drain fat; serve on hamburger buns.