- Pineapple-Banana Relish:
- 1/4 cup peeled, cored, diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced, peeled bananas
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Opal basil
- 1 tablespoon Four Roses(R) bourbon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Freshly ground salt, to taste
- Cilantro-Macadamia Nut Pesto:
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 ounce macadamia nuts
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Four Roses(R) bourbon
- Pure olive oil, as needed
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Mango Coulis:
- 2 fresh ripe Hayden mangoes
- Water, as needed
- Sugar, as needed
- Blackened Prawns:
- 3 prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon blackened seasoning
- 2 ounces olive oil
Prep: 45 mins | Cook: 5 mins
- For Pineapple Banana Relish: Combine all ingredients, toss lightly. Let rest 30 minutes for flavours to develop.
- For Cilantro-Macadamia Nut Pesto: In a blender, combine first 6 ingredients. Slowly add bourbon, olive oil, salt and pepper until pesto reaches desired consistency and flavour.
- For Mango Coulis: Peel and slice mangoes against the grain. Puree in blender; adding water and sugar as needed.
- For Blackened Prawns: Dredge prawns in seasonings and sear on high heat. Keep warm for service.
- To serve, place 3 oz. of relish in centre of plate. Place 3 shrimp around the relish. Drizzle mango coulis and pesto sauces in eclectic form. Serve immediately. Garnish with a fresh sprig of opal basil.