- 3 or 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 pound bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces salt pork, diced
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound cooked ham, cubed
- 1/2 pound linguica (Portuguese sausage, can substitute Polish sausage)
- 1 pound boneless pork chops, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 white onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup orange juice
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 12 hours
- In skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon just until cooked but not crispy, and add to slow cooker. Do the same with the Italian sausage, ground beef, and cubed pork chops.
- Add the beans, salt pork, ham, linguica, onions, celery, carrot, garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaves, parsley, thyme and orange juice to the slow cooker and stir just once to roughly combine.
3. Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours. Serve over rice, if desired.