- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 package mushrooms, portobello or button, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups white Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, optional
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 small package herb stuffing mix, Pep. Farms
Prep: 35 mins | Cook: 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook broccoli and cauliflower until just tender according to package directions, drain and add to large bowl. Add lemon juice, season to taste and break broccoli and cauliflower into smaller pieces.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, eggs, onion, mushrooms, and white Cheddar, salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir in heavy cream.
- Mix butter and stuffing mix, add 1/3 to broccoli mixture to help tighten. Reserve remaining stuffing for topping.
- Spread broccoli mixture in 9 x 13 or larger casserole, top with Cheddar cheese.
- Top casserole with remaining stuffing mix.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.