- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 slices white bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 25 mins | Extra time: 8 hours, chilling
- Combine broccoli and onions in a small glass bowl and sprinkle with water. Cover, then microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Drain.
- Coat a 3-cup baking dish (about 7×5-inches) with non-stick cooking spray, then distribute the bread cubes in the bottom. Cover with broccoli and onions and sprinkle with cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with milk, mustard, dill, nutmeg, and pepper until frothy. Pour evenly over the casserole, cover with foil or plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F while the strata returns to room temperature the next morning. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.