- 2med white onions
- 3fresh jalapenos
- 2bunches fresh cilantro
- 1 (4 ounce) jarchopped garlic
- 3/4 cuplime juice
- 1/2 cupolive oil
- 1 tablespoonsalt
- 2 poundsflank steak or skirt steak
- 2 cupsMexican mix grated cheese
- 10flour tortillas
Prep: 1 hour | Cook: 20 mins | Extra time: 1 day, marinating
- For the marinade, chop 1 onion, 2 jalapenos, and 1 bunch cilantro in a food processor. Add 1/2 cup lime juice, olive oil, about 3/4 jar garlic, and salt. Mix together and pour into a plastic resealable bag with steak. Marinade flank steak overnight; maybe 6-8 hours for skirt steak.
- Heat grill to High. Lightly oil grate.
- To make the salsa, dice tomatoes and 1/2 onion, chop 1/2 bunch cilantro, 1 teaspoon garlic, and fresh jalapeno (deseed and cut out the membrane for less heat). Mix together.
- Next, make the guacamole by mashing avocados. Then chop other 1/2 onion and 1/2 bunch cilantro and add 1/4 cup lime juice, 1 teaspoon garlic, and salt to taste.
- Grill flank steak until medium or so. Grill the tortillas momentarily to warm them up. Cut the flank steak into 3 inch strips with the grain, and then cut off pieces against the grain.
- Line up tortillas, steak, bowls of salsa, guac, and cheese. Have a bag of tortilla chips to take care of the leftover salsa and guac.