- 1 5-6 lbboneless pork shoulder, cooked and pulled (you can also use prepared pulled pork)
- 1 packageEggroll wrappers
- 1 lbCooked bacon strips
- 1 bagFresh Cole Slaw mix
- 1/2 cupmayonnaise
- 1/4 cupwhole milk
- 1 tbssugar
- 2 tbswhite vinegar
- 1 tspsalt
- 1 cupCarolina Style BBQ sauce, for dipping
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 5 mins
- Lay out your eggroll wrappers in diamond shapes.
- Spoon a good amount of pulled pork into the middle of the wrapper. Top with a strip of crispy cooked bacon.
- Wrap up the eggroll. First, pull up the bottom over your filling, then fold in the sides. Next, roll the egg roll going towards the top and seal at the top point.
- Drop Eggroll into hot oil and fry on Med. heat until eggroll is nice and crispy. Color should be a light golden brown. Usually takes about 2 minutes. Don’t forget to turn the rolls as they are frying to ensure even browning.
- When golden brown, remove from oil and rest the rolls on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine your mayo, milk, sugar, vinegar and salt. Stir to combine well.
- Add in the bag of slaw mix and fold to incorporate.
- Pour BBQ sauce in dipping cup.
- Cut the eggrolls on a bias and stand upright to serve.
If you are cooking your own pork shoulder, cover shoulder with mustard and rub (1 tbs each of onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, black pepper. Mixed with 1/2 cup of brown sugar). Rub in rub and cook shoulder on 250 degrees in oven for 1-1.5 hours per lb of pork. Pull with fingers and or fork.