- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup minced onion
- 4 medium size Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 30 mins
- Season chicken breasts with ground white pepper and salt and brown in oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and brown. Add mushrooms and cover on medium heat for 3 minutes. (Add some more butter if the onions or mushrooms are starting to stick.)
- Add flour and stir continuously for 1 minute.
- Add wine, broth, lemon juice, remaining butter and tomato paste. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and add chicken back to pan simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper.