- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely diced onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons Chinese BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 20 mins
- Add beef to a 2-quart saucepan with 1 1/2 cups water, and mix to an even consistency. Turn stove to medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onions, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, soy sauce, chili flakes, sugar, and BBQ sauce to pan and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup water to make a slurry. Add it to the rapidly boiling beef mixture in the pan and stir for about 1 minute until fully thickened and then turn off the heat.
- After the boiling stops, add the sesame oil and mix well. Serve over rice and sprinkle with green onions to garnish.