- butter or nonstick cooking spray
- 4 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa (Dutch or regular is fine.)
- 2 tablespoons milk, (you can use fat-free if you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg WHITE
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar (for garnish)
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat 2 (6-ounce) ramekins with a generous amount of butter or cooking spray; sprinkle each with granulated sugar.
- Combine 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, flour, cocoa, and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook 2 minutes, stirring until smooth. Turn off heat, let cool for about 4 minutes and then stir in vanilla.
- Place egg white in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, then beat until very stiff peaks form. Be careful not to OVER beat.
- Fold, or just scoop out egg whites and it and to the chocolate mixture. Stir in with the spoon, DO NOT MIX with a mixer.
- Sharply tap sides of ramekins to even out mixture, so they rise evenly.
- Place them on bottom rack of oven on top of a baking sheet in case of spilling.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove garnish with powdered sugar, and serve immediately.