- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine (chardonay)
- 28 ounces fire roasted tomatoes (diced)
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- FOR THE PIZZA
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs and spices mix, or to taste
- pizza dough (enough for an 18 inches pizza)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 11 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup fresh Italian parsley (finely chopped)
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE: Heat a large sauté pan to medium temperature and add in the tablespoon of EVOO.
- Finely chop your onion and add in the pan.
- Next slice your 6 cloves of garlic and add to the pan after the onions have started to cook. Stir and sauté until the onions turn golden brown and the sizzle noise dies down. Once that happens add the 1/4 cup of Chardonnay and let it marinate for about a minute. Next add in the fire roasted tomatoes, paste and bring to a boil, turn down the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- FOR THE PIZZA: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Add the Italian herbs and spices to the pizza pan so the bottom of the crust can season.
- Toss the dough until its nice and thin. Next put the crust on the pan, add a little EVOO and season the top of it with the spices.
- Spread the sauce on the crust (less is more). Next arrange the slices of mozzarella around the pizza like a pinwheel with one slice in the middle. Garnish the pizza with 1/16 cup of Italian parsley.
- bake the pizza on the middle rack of the preheated oven until the mozzarella is melted and crisp, but not burnt, about 15 minutes.
- once done, take the pizza out, garnish with the rest of the parsley for looks to go with the flavour, and enjoy!