- 1 (16 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 3 to 5 bananas, peeled and cut into 2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Honey (optional)
- Grand Marnier for flambéing (optional)
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins
- In a food processor or with an electric mixer, blend coconut milk, sugar, flour, eggs, and baking powder until smooth.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and turn skillet to cover entire surface.
- Pour 3/4 cup batter on the skillet (depends on size of skillet, you want the pancakes to be about 1/4-inch thick).
- After 30 seconds, place banana slices evenly in the batter. As the surface of the batter starts to be cooked, flip or turn the pancake. Should be light brown with darker brown patches.
- Criss-cross a pattern of honey or syrup over pancakes before serving and flambé with Grand Marnier if you are going for that final touch.
- Serve with a scoop of quality vanilla ice on top.