- 1 (12 ounce) can or bottleyour favourite beer
- 1 (16 ounce) cantomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) canred chili beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagechili seasoning
- 1 poundlean ground beef (you can substitute pork or venison)
- 2 teaspoonsWorcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoonliquid smoke, or to taste
- 2 tablespoonschili powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoongarlic powder
- 2 teaspoonspaprika
- 1/4 teaspooncayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoonseasoned salt, or to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoonred curry powder
- 1 tablespoonbutter
- 1 tablespoonolive oil
- 3jalapeno peppers, diced
- 5serrano peppers, diced
- 2habanero peppers, diced
- 1 largebell pepper, diced
- 1 largewhite onion, diced
- 1 clovegarlic, minced
- shredded cheese, oyster crackers, and sour cream for serving
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 3 hours
- Combine the beer, tomato sauce, red beans, and chili seasoning in a slow cooker and set to High heat.
- Cook the ground beef in a non-stick skillet over high heat, crumbling it as it cooks. Once the meat is no longer pink, stir in the Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt, black pepper, and red curry powder. Continue cooking and stirring until browned. Stir into the slow cooker when done.
- While the beef is browning, melt the butter in the olive oil in a separate skillet or large pot. Cook the jalapeno peppers, serrano peppers, habanero peppers, bell pepper, onion, and garlic until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir into the slow cooker when ready.
- Cover and cook on High 2 hours (or 6 hours on Low) until the beef is tender and the flavours have blended.
- Serve with cheese, crackers, and a dollop of sour cream