- 1 pound 85% lean ground hamburger
- ¾ pound seasoned breakfast sausage (Farmer John(R) on the West Coast is preferred)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup fine breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup minced onions
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup beef broth
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 25 mins
- Mix all ingredients with your hands in a large bowl.
- Pre-heat a large non-stick skillet on a medium-high flame. Form meat mixture into large golf-sized balls, flatten slightly.
- Place patties in non-stick skillet, keeping a little space in between them. Cook until browned on one side, about 7 minutes, then flip and brown again on the other side. Turn down heat to low and cover. Cook for approximately 7 more minutes, until cooked through and meat has reached an internal temperature of at least 160 degrees F.
- To make a pan gravy, remove all patties from heat except for one. Crumble remaining patty and stir 1 tablespoon flour in, then add beef broth and reduce to desired thickness, about 5 minutes.
These meat balls and pan gravy are served over fried red potatoes or cooked egg noodles.