- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 to 6 slices bacon, as needed
- 1 (15 ounce) can all-meat chili
- 4 large slices salami
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 cup shredded cheese
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 5 mins
- Fill a deep fryer with oil, per manufacturer’s instructions. Heat to 375 degrees F.
- While oil is heating up, wrap each hot dog in 1 to 3 bacon slices, as many as it takes to cover the hot dog. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat chili in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering, then turn to low.
- Fry salami in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then crumble.
- Deep fry the hot dogs in the oil until bacon is crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Fill each hot dog bun with a fried hot dog and some of the hot chili. Sprinkle with cheese and salami, then serve.