- 6 poblano chiles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice (or use 1 package microwave rice)
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup cumin
- 2 cups grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 small jar salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 large can green or red enchilada sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 35 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse peppers and cut tops. Pull out cores. There’s no need to prep peppers further as you will bake to soften.
- Brown meat with onion and drain. Add in rice, corn, beans, cumin, and salsa. Lightly mix in 1 cup of the grated cheese. Taste filling before stuffing peppers and adjust spice and seasoning levels. Stuff filling into peppers by hand, or spoon filling into peppers. Place peppers in baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peppers are soft, 25 to 30 minutes. Add remaining cheese to top.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes.