Makes: 1 steak
- 1/4 cuplime juice
- 6garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoonschili powder
- 4 teaspoonscanola oil
- 1 teaspoonsalt
- 1 teaspooncrushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoonblack pepper
- 1filet mignon steak (or more)
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
- Mix everything but the steak together and pour into a large, resealable plastic bag. Add the filet mignon, seal the bag, and turn/shake to coat the steak. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, then remove from marinade.
- Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
- Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
- Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2 inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1 inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick steak.
- Take the steak off the grill. Let the meat rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.