Makes: 1 steak
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1filet mignon steak
- Lemon wedges
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 10 mins
- Salt and pepper the filet mignon on both sides.
- Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
- Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
- Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2 inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1 inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick steak.
- Take the steak off the grill. Let it rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Squeeze lemon wedges over the steak and serve.