- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- Pinch white sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 (1 pound) flat iron steak
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 15 mins
- Stir red wine, peppercorns, sugar, and salt together. Pour over steak in a baking dish or large plastic resealable bag and allow to marinate for 3 to 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Remove steaks from marinade and place in hot skillet. Cook each side until nicely browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Pour the marinade into the skillet and simmer until cooked to your preference, about an additional 5 minutes. Remove steaks from pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Continue to simmer the red wine sauce to reduce by half.
- Serve steak with wine sauce.