- 3 cups uncooked rice, long grain or Jasmine preferred
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 can of SPAM, diced in 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen cooked shrimp, thawed, peeled, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- salt and pepper
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 30 mins
- Rinse the rice under warm water and drain. Cook the rice with water in a rice cooker. (or on stove top in a covered pot over medium heat, 10-15 minutes. Turn off the stove but leave the rice on the stove for 5 more minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Cook the SPAM for 5 minutes or until it slightly browns. Put aside on a large size bowl. Cook the shrimp in the same skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Mix with SPAM in the bowl; set aside. Rinse and clean skillet or wok and dry.
- Cook and scramble the beaten eggs in 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Mix with SPAM and shrimp; set aside.
- Pour the remaining 3 tablespoons oil in the skillet over medium heat and Sauté the garlic and onion until the onion soften and cooks. Add the peas and carrots until cooked. Turn off the heat.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet while mixing the garlic, onion, and vegetables. Add the eggs, SPAM, and shrimp mix to the bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve while warm.