- 4 poundsground pork
- 3 tablespoonssweet pickle relish
- 1 (12 ounce) jarspicy brown mustard
- 6bratwurst links
- 1 (14 ounce) cansauerkraut
- 2large sliced dill pickles
- 1 poundbacon, diced
- 1onion, diced
- 1/2 poundsliced Swiss cheese
- 1 cupunsalted butter (room temp)
- 6pretzel buns or regular hamburger buns
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
- In a bowl, mix ground pork, relish and a tablespoon of mustard. Do not overwork, but mix until ingredients are evenly spread out. The relish keeps the pork moist. Form six burgers and begin to grill.
- While burgers are cooking, put the bratwurst on the grill also. In an iron skillet, on the grill, render the bacon. Add chopped onion directly in skillet with bacon and fat. Cook until opaque.
- Drain the sauerkraut and add it to bacon and onions. Let cook down until burgers and brats are ready, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix room temperature butter and remaining mustard together until completely combined. Spread on pretzel buns and place on cooler side of the grill to toast.
- When burgers are cooked, top with sliced bratwurst (quarter sized slices), sliced dill pickles, kraut , bacon and onion mixture and Swiss cheese. Close grill to melt cheese.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns.