- 1/3 cup very finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon very finely minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 pounds meatloaf-mix ground meat
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 25 mins
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and coat a lidded baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine chopped onion, garlic, parsley and breadcrumbs in a food processor and mix 30 seconds.
- Break the egg into a 3-quart bowl and mix well using a wire whisk. Add water, olive oil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the egg and whisk until blended.
- Add the bread crumb mixture, combining with a spatula.
- Add the ground meat and mix thoroughly until ingredients are well distributed and the mixture is binding together.
- Using a medium sized ice cream scoop, scoop out a portion onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet. Form each meatball by rolling in the palm of your hand until they feel tight and solid. (The finished meatballs should be about the size of a golf ball.)
- Pour 1/4 cup water into the pan and place in the oven. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and loosen with a spatula. Return to the oven an additional 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain.
Fry meatballs over medium-heat. Turning as needed to brown sides.