- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 5 mins
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Stir coriander, salt, cinnamon, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon sugar together in a small bowl. Pat 1 1/4 teaspoon of the mixture onto one side of the salmon steak.
- Set salmon on grill, with the spice side turned down onto the grate. Cook for 5 minutes, or until fish turns opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- While salmon is cooking, combine 2 tablespoons sugar, mustard seeds, vinegar, and the remaining spice mix in a saucepan. Set over medium heat.
- When vinegar mixture comes to a boil, stir in zucchini, bell pepper, and corn. Let simmer for about 4 minutes to soften the vegetables.
- Serve salmon with vegetable relish on top.