- 2 pounds’ venison back strap, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 quart apple cider (not apple juice), or as needed
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles original Demon Pig(R) BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds thick-sliced bacon
- Olive oil, for brushing
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins | Extra time: 5 hours, marinating
- Place the chunks of venison in a shallow baking dish. Pour in enough apple cider to cover them. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator and discard the apple cider. Pat the venison dry and return it to the dish. Pour the barbecue sauce over the chunks. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 more hours.
- Remove the venison from the refrigerator and let it stand for 30 minutes, or until it reaches room temperature. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Charcoal is best, but if you must, use gas.
- Wrap each chunk of venison in a slice of bacon and thread them onto skewers, leaving some space between the chunks.
- Brush the grill grate with olive oil when hot and place the skewers on the grill so they are not touching. The bacon will kick up some flames, so be ready with a spray bottle filled with water.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until the bacon becomes very slightly burned, 15 to 20 minutes. The slower, the better. Dig in and prepare to want more!