- 2 poundsbeef stew meat
- 3 cupsGuinness Beer (bottled)
- 1 tspsalt
- 2 tablespoonsolive oil
- 3 clovesgarlic
- 4medium potatoes
- 1/2 tsppepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 2 hours
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic. Cut two of the potatoes into slices, and the other two into quarters. (The sliced potatoes break down and thicken the stew.)
- Put a pot over medium-high heat. Pour in the olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, put in the onion and garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook the onions and garlic until soft, about six minutes.
- Add the Guinness, the beef, and the potatoes to the pot. Turn the heat to high.
- When the whole mess of goodness begins to boil, turn the heat to low/simmer and cover the pot.
- Simmer the stew for two hours, stirring every occasionally. About ten minutes before it’s done, taste it and add more salt and pepper if you like.
I tossed some parsley on it at the end b/c I happened to have some. Not necessary.