- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 24 wonton wrappers
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 30 mins | Extra time: 20 mins, cooling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a skillet, brown the sausage with olive oil over medium heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature and crumble.
- Combine the crumbled sausage, ranch dressing, onion, pepper, olive and cheeses.
- Take two wonton wrappers and lay one square over the the other square to create a diamond, or star shape. Place the wonton wrappers into muffin tin. Spoon sausage mixture into wonton wrapper cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. The edges of the wonton should be brown and you should be able to lift the tart out of the muffin tin without it losing its shape.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. These can be quickly reheated in the microwave or served at room temperature.