- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup corn oil
- 4 Kansas City strip steaks
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 3 mins, resting
- Melt the butter in a shallow microwave-safe dish. If there are any milk solids (there will be with real butter), skim them off with a metal spoon. Once the melted butter cools to room temperature, add the corn oil and whisk together with a fork until well mixed.
- Dip each of the steaks into this mixture, coating both sides, and let the excess drip back into the bowl. You don’t want this dripping off the steak if using a barbecue because it will cause the grill to flame up. Once all steaks are coated in this mixture, salt and pepper both sides to taste.
- Fire up the barbecue grill to medium heat or prepare skillet or broiler and cook steaks for 6 minutes on each side, flipping once using tongs (do not pierce). Remove from heat and let the steak stand for at least 3 minutes before serving so the juices can rise to the surface. Steak will be cooked to medium well.