- 2 tablespoonsdry sherry
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoonscorn-starch
- 1 teaspoonsalt (I use sea salt)
- pepperto taste
- 4pheasant breasts (from 2 birds), cut up into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoonspeanut oil
- 2 tablespoonssoy sauce (I use low-sodium)
- 1 tablespoonwhite wine vinegar
- 1/4 cupchicken broth
- 2 teaspoonswhite sugar
- 1 teaspoonhot pepper flakes (adjust to meet level of heat you want)
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoonfresh ginger, minced
- 6green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cupdry roasted peanuts
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 10 mins, marinating
- Mix 1 tablespoon sherry, 1 tablespoon corn-starch, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Add pheasant pieces and stir until pheasant is coated in mixture. Stir in 1 tablespoon of oil and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a new bowl, mix 2 teaspoons corn-starch with soy sauce, vinegar, 1 tablespoon sherry, chicken broth, and sugar. Stir together and set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of oil. When it is hot (it will be shimmering) add peanuts and chili flakes and cook for 2-3 minutes. Be sure to stir so peanuts don’t burn.
- Set peanut mixture aside in bowl. Add 2 remaining tablespoons oil to pan and increase hit to high. Add garlic, ginger and pheasant and stir until pheasant is just about cooked.
- Add peanuts back into the pan and stir until sauce bubbles and thickens. Turn off heat, stir in scallions and serve.