- 2 T. Vegetable Oil
- 8 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 2 Large Onions
- 1 lb. beef cubes (about 1-2 inches in diameter)
- 4 Cups Beef stock
- 1 Cup Pearl Barley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 3 hours
- Heat oil in the bottom of a large saucepan to medium heat. Add the garlic and onions, and cook until opaque. Remove the onions.
- Raise heat up to high/medium-high, then brown off the beef.
- Add the onions, as well as the rest of the ingredients, and bring up to a boil. Once boiling, immediately reduce to just under a simmer.
- Cook until barley is very soft, and stock is thick like a gravy (about 2-3 hours).