- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons Tone’s(R) Louisiana Style Cajun seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons Tabasco(R) Habanero Sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound hickory smoked sausage links, sliced thin
Prep: 45 mins | Cook: 15 mins
- Heat the butter in a deep cast iron pot over medium heat, then add the flour, stirring constantly to make a dark roux. Do not burn the roux.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the roux and Sauté until tender, approx. 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup and blend thoroughly.
- Slowly add the water until you have a thick mixture, then add the seasonings to taste. Cook over low heat for approx. 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and sausage and continue cooking over low heat for another 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately.