- apple, cherry, or other wood for smoking
- 6 (4 ounce)elk steaks
- 1 cupflour
- to tasteCreole seasoning
- to tasteground black pepper
- 1/4 cuppeanut, olive, or oil of your choice
- 5 tablespoonsbutter or margarine
- 3 cupsmilk
- 1/4 cupfresh shredded Parmesan cheese
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 25 mins | Extra time: 20 mins, other
- Smoke meat in smoker for 20 minutes.
- Mix flour, Creole seasoning, and black pepper in a bowl or pie pan. Press the smoked steaks in the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour and set aside.
- Heat the oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the floured meat until brown and crispy. Remove meat and keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the skillet used to fry the meat. Stir in the flour with a wire whisk, and cook about 30 seconds. Whisk in the milk until smooth. Bring the sauce to a simmer, then reduce heat and continue whisking occasionally for 10 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Serve meat with sauce spooned over the top.