- 3 poundsrusset potatoes, cut in half
- olive oil as needed
- sea salt as needed
- coarse black pepper as needed
- 3 cupshickory wood chips, soaked in water 30 minutes
- 1/2 cupcream
- 1/2 cupsoftened butter
- 1 tablespoonminced garlic
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour 30 mins
- Set up grill for indirect cooking. Place 1 cup of soaked chips in a disposable pie tin and place directly over the flame on the hot side.
- Rub the potatoes generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place spuds on the cool side of the grill, and smoke for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until very tender, turning from time to time and adding wood as needed.
- Mash the spuds with the cream, butter, and garlic. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Leave them a bit lumpy for that Homestyle feel!