- ample vegetable or canola oil for deep frying
- 1/4 cupbutter
- 1/4 cuphot sauce
- 1 dashgarlic powder
- 1/2 cupall-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoonpaprika
- 1/4 teaspooncayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoonkosher salt
- 10-12boneless, skinless, chicken tenders
- 5 largecorn tortillas
- 1 cupcrumbled blue cheese
- 1 cupshredded iceberg lettuce
- 10cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 10 slicescooked bacon, not too crunchy
- 1/2 cupsour cream
- 2 tablespoonshot sauce (for topping)
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 12 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, chilling
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F. The oil should be just enough to cover the chicken entirely, and inch or so deep.
- Combine the butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and the mixture is blended. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Place the chicken wings in a large nonporous glass bow and sprinkle flour mixture over them. Toss to coat evenly. Cover the dish or bowl and refrigerate for 60-90 minutes.
- Fry the coated chicken in hot oil for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown. Place on paper towels to drain. Place the chicken in a bowl and cover with the hot sauce mixture. Stir until coated and set aside.
- Using the same oil, cook each tortilla until crisp folding into a taco shell as you cook. Place two chicken tenders in each taco shell and top; blue cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomatoes. Mix the hot sauce with the sour cream and put a dollop on each taco
- garnish with guacamole and/or diced onion.