- 4 teaspoons corn-starch
- 1 (10-1/2 ounce) can condensed beef consommé, undiluted
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds beef steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 10 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- Hot cooked rice, optional
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
- Whisk together the corn-starch, consommé, soy sauce, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Heat a large wok or large frying pan over high heat; coat with oil, then quickly cook the beef strips in batches, about 3 minutes per batch. (If you don’t do it in batches, the meat won’t cook right away like it should in stir-frying.) Remove to a plate and cover with foil.
- Add onion and celery to the wok and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and green onions, cooking for 4 more minutes, then add the reserved beef and the spinach.
- Drizzle corn-starch sauce over the beef and vegetables. Allow the sauce to come to a boil, then cook for a minute or two more until the sauce has thickened. Serve over rice.