- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 4 ribs celery with leafy tops, sliced thin
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small head savoy cabbage, quartered, cored and shredded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 (32 ounce) container (4 cups) chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds corned beef, chopped
- 3/4 cup white rice
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins
- Pour olive oil into a soup pot over medium-high heat. Cook onion, celery, carrots, and bay leaf in the hot oil for about 3 minutes, then add cabbage and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Pour beer into the soup pot and cook for 1 minute. Then add chicken broth, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, corned beef, and rice. Allow the soup to come to a boil, then cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with salt, pepper, and Worcestershire so everyone can adjust their own seasoning as desired.