- 16 ozcream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cupheavy cream
- 2 3/4 cupsSplenda(R)
- 1 1/2 teaspoonsvanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cupsground almonds
- 1 stickbutter melted
- 2 one pound bagsfrozen blue berries, thawed
- 3 teaspoonstapioca pearls
- 3/4 cupwater
Prep: 1 hour | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 2 hours, chilling
- Combine cream cheese, heavy cream, 1 cup Splenda, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth, and set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine 1 cup Splenda, almonds, and butter. Stir until mixed.
- Put all but 1/4 cup of this mixture into an 8-inch pie pan. Using your fingers, press crust mix into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan. Refrigerate crust for 15 minutes.
- Fill the crust with cream cheese mixture and return to refrigerator. This will chill for 1 hour.
- While base is chilling, place blueberries, remaining 3/4 cup Spenda, tapioca and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until thickened (about 15 minutes). Take off the heat and allow to come to room temp.
- When base has chilled for an hour and the blueberries have reached room temp, pour the blueberry mix over the chilled base. Spread evenly over the top of the cream cheese base.
- Refrigerate again for 45 minutes, or until service. All leftovers should be refrigerated. However, there are seldom any leftovers.
Several companies make a sugar-free pie filling that will work with this. I prefer to make my own. but that is just me.