- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie (or prepared pie dough)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and sliced
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 1 hour
- Preheat toaster oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a skillet, heat the butter over medium until it has melted. Then add water and both sugars to the pan. Continue to cook, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil, them simmer over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Roll out the pie dough, if you made it from scratch, and place it in the bottom of a pie pan. Arrange the apples in the crust so that the pie is full but not heaping, place top layer of crust (in a lattice pattern) over the apples, and coat the pie with the hot sugar and butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn temperature down to 350 and bake for another 45 minutes.