- 2 sliceswhole wheat bread
- 3 tablespoonsolive oil
- 3/4 cupsour cream
- 1/2 cupseedless cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoonfresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoonsTabasco Sauce
- 3/4 poundsea scallops
- 1/2 cupParmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly coarse grated (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoonsgreen onion, thin sliced (one small onion)
- 1/4 teaspoonblack pepper
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins
- Process the bread into a medium rough crumb. Toast the crumbs in a 250 degree oven until lightly browned (roughly 20 minutes). Toss the toasted crumbs with the olive oil and set aside.
- While the bread is toasting, whisk together the sour cream, cumber, lemon, and Tabasco. Set aside to rest at room temperature.
- Chop the scallops into 1/4 inch pieces using a downward chopping motion (do not use a food processor and don’t forget to remove the tough muscle from the side of each scallop). Add the scallops to a large bowl and gently stir in the cheese, the green onion and the pepper.
- Divide the scallops by four and form them into balls. Roll the balls in the oiled bread crumbs and coat all over. Place the balls on an oiled baking pan, squish them flat to 3/4 inch thick, toaster oven on high for 8 min.
- Serve each on a pool of sauce.