Toaster Oven Stuffed Peppers
- 2/3 pound ground beef
- 2 cups cooked long grain white rice (regular or instant)
- 4 green bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds and membranes removed
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 1 hour 10 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring, for about 8 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add the rice, 3/4 cup of the marinara sauce, and Worcestershire to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Stand the peppers in a small baking dish. If they don’t stand upright on their own, cut off a thin layer of the bottoms. Then carefully stuff the peppers with the beef/rice mixture.
- Top the peppers with the remaining sauce. Bake for 1 hour, adding cheese to the tops of the peppers after 50 minutes. Peppers should be soft but not mushy.
These peppers can be baked in a grill safe dish on the BBQ with the lid closed. Test for doneness by poking the pepper with a toothpick- it should penetrate easily.