- 1 tablespoonolive oil
- 4 clovesgarlic, minced
- 1 tablespoonminced jalapeno pepper
- 1 smallonion, diced
- 1 poundground chicken
- 1 teaspoonchili powder
- 1/2 teaspoonground cumin
- 1 (14.5 ounce) canchicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 tablespoonssour cream
- 1 tablespoonfresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cupshredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cupcrushed tortilla chips
- 1avocado, diced
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, jalapeno, and onion. Cook and stir until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the ground chicken, and increase heat to high. Cook and stir until the chicken is no longer pink and begins to brown. Stir in the chili powder and cumin; cook for a few seconds.
- Pour in the chicken broth and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and continue simmering for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the sour cream and lime juice. Season to taste with salt. Serve in bowls, and sprinkle with cheese, crushed chips, and avocado to serve.